Introduction : Definition and Scope of Operations Research.
Linear Programming: Introduction, Formulation of linear programming problems, graphical method of solving LP problem, simplex method, maximization and minimization, Degeneracy in LPP, Unbounded and, Infeaseable solutions.
Duality : Definition, Relationship between primal and dual solutions, Economic Interpretation, Post optimal of sensitivity analysis, Dual Simplex Method.
Transportation Models : Finding an initial feasible solution – North West corner method, Least cost method, Vogel’s Approximation method, Finding the optimal solution, optimal solution by stepping stone and MODI methods, Special cases in Transportation problems – Unbalanced Transportation problem.
Assignment Problems : Hungarian method of Assignment problem, Maximization in Assignment problem, unbalanced problem, problems with restrictions, travelling salesman problems.
Replacement Models : Introduction, replacement of items that deteriorate igoring change in money value, replacement of items that deteriorate considering change in money value with time, replacement of items that fail suddenly – Individual replacement policy, Group replacement policy.
Game Theory: Introduction, 2 person zero sum games, Maximi – Minimax principle, Principle of Dominance, Solution for mixed strategy problems, Graphical method for 2 x n and m x 2 games.
Sequencing Models : Introduction, General assumptions, processing n jobs through 2 machines, processing ‘n’ jobs through m machines, Processing 2 jobs through m machines.
Queuing Theory : Introduction, single channel – poission arrivals – exponential service times with infinite population & finite population, Multi channel – poisson arrivals – Exponential service times with infinite population.
Introduction to optimization Techniques: Single objective & Multi objective optimization Techniques like G.A, NSGA, P.Q.O. & MPSO Techniques.
Suggested Reading :
- Hamdy, A. Taha, “Operations Research-An Introduction”,Sixth Edition, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 1997.
- S.D. Sharma, “Operations Research “,Kedarnath, Ramnath & Co., Meerut, 2009.
- Hrvey M. Wagner, “Principles of Operations Research “,Second Edition, Prentice Hall of India Ltd., 1980.
- V.K. Kapoor, “Operations Research “,S. Chand Publishers,New Delhi, 2004.
- R. Paneer Selvam, “Operations Research“,Second Edition, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2008.
- Prof. Shanker Narasimha, “Data Reconciliation”.